Monday, September 27, 2010

In Honor of Ancestor Appreciation Day

Thank you St. Gervasius the Martyr of Milan for the incredible last name.

Thank you Gervasi family for imparting your tendency toward Sicilian blood vendettas (I'm still hoping to find those Mafia ties).

Thank you Crawfords for William Wallace and passing on the Scottish spirit that knows how to fight for a cause worth dying for.

Thanks to the Cherokee for ensuring that I would always be in love with the mountains, and thank you for putting Tennessee in my blood early on.

Thank you Jesse James for imparting a little of your outlaw spirit.

Thank you to my Irish kin who graciously passed on your Irish temper, fair skin and red hair.

Thanks Bishop family for being smart enough to lighten things up with a little Puerto Rican.

Thank you family members for your sacrifice at Gettysburg (Can I hear a Rebel Yell?), in the American Revolution and at Pearl Harbor.


Basically, I think I can sum this all up by saying, I'm seeing a definite trend....So thanks all of you for passing along the Rebel Blood. I'll try to serve it well.

No comments: